Sunday 14 June 2009

the next level 2


This weeks challenge on 'the next level' is to use a ribbon border to frame the image - this is my effort. I had to use a knife to cut the ribbon corner slots, which accounts for the quirky effect - would love to say this was deliberate, but it wasn't!
The stamp is from the Elusive Images flora and fauna plate, stamped with black versafine and clear embossed, then coloured with inktense watercolour pencils. After adding the ribbon, it was matted onto paper from the Artylicious peacock summer party cd, then on red mirri board and green base card.

3 comments:

  1. What an excellent idea with the ribbon Veronica. I love the way you coloured the image too.

    I've always loved that image (Jo has it too) so I bought it recently from Once Upon a Stamp who have just started stocking EI.

    I was a bit embarrassed to have to tell them that I have more EI stamps than they do but I didn't have this particular one so I bought it from them as they do sell them at very good prices.

    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a fantastic card ,love the image you have used with the ribbion so gorgeoues
    Thank you so much for joining this weeks challenge over at
    The Next Level.
    Hugs Dawn+Annxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, looks beautiful, I love the way you've used the ribbon to frame the image. Marvellous!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments