Playing with my new stamps from Elusive Images - keys and words from key to my heart plate amd the flourish from with sympathy plate; background script from Elusive Images butterfly poppy plate again, and the small script from an old Stamp Man plate (can't remember which one).
The first two started out with a flourish glimmer mist stencil inked round with tattered rose DI, then overstamped with the script stamps in spiced marmalade. The flourish from the sympathy plate was stamped using brushed corduroy - edges were sponged with brushed corduroy and vintage photo. Words and keys were stamped with tuxedo black memento and embossed with clear EP- on the second tag the words were stamped onto a separate bit of glossy card sponged with marmalade and stamped with the flourish in tattered brick, then edged with vintage photo. The keys were painted with H2Os.
The second set used the same stamps with slightly different DIs - a base of old paper this time, script stamps in marmalade and flourish in corduroy again. The keys were stamped, embossed and painted as for the first set.
All I need to do now is decide what to do with them!
Had a weekend off, so had time to play, which for me usually means tags - they're a nice size, and always useful, as they can be turned into a card or a bookmark. Anyhow, these are the results so far, haven't decided what will happen next yet.
The first three all had a similar back ground of distress inks, old paper and peeled paint, and stamps are by Elusive Images unless I say different! The one on the left was stamped using eastern grasses with peeled paint, allowed to dry (I spoilt 2 by going too fast, it takes a long time for DI's to dry enough to emboss over them!) and then overstamped with the large stamp from Wild Meadow embossed in detail white EP, wioth the Irish prayer by Clarity Stamps added in black soot.
The centre one had a background from eastern grasses again, then a Hampton Art poppy stamp stamped with a green memento ink (bamboo?) and clear embossed. I added more distress ink in marmalade and fired brick over the poppy and round the edges, and more peeled paint over the leaves. Butterfly from the butterfly poppy collage plate, painted with Art Quest metallic paints (couldn't find the H2Os).
The last one had the background grasses stamped in versamark and clear embossed before inking around to give more definition.I ironed the EP off, added more green ink over part of the grass, stamped more grasses in black soot, and sprayed with water to blur it all. Same wild meadow stamp in white over the top, then another butterfly
The next two started out using a big'n'juicy pad in I think spice, with stamps from wild meadow and autumn hedgerow as background. I found a guild bird stamp whilst looking for the H2Os, so stamped and embossed this over the background - in photo for one and black soot for the other. The birds didn't really show up, so they got several doses of bleach before the tag waas trimmed down to the edges of the stamp.
The last two tags started out with old paper DI , then the text stamp from the butterfly poppy plate in versamark, then brushed corduroy DI over the top. I didn't emboss the versamark, so the stamp is very faint in the far background. Grasses for wild meadow, and autumn hedgerow for thwe next layer, then the butterfly poppy image clear embossed over black soot. The poppy heads and leaves got the H2O treatment - they may yet end up with the butterfly!