Tuesday 13 July 2010

second thank you card

 I used the sketch from corrosive challenges for the second school thank-you card. The green card was edged with DIs in bundled sage and peeled paint, and the grasses on one side from the eastern grasses plate by Elusive Images were stamped with the sage DI.The greyish backing paper from Graphicus Guild was sprayed with glimmer mist in green.                                              The tag started out sponged  with DIs on old paper and peeled paint, then the grasses image was stamped in versamark, clear embossed, sponged with peeled pain, then the versamark ironed off. More grasses were stamped in peeled paint and black soot - tag sprayed with water to blur the black image. When it was dry, the cow parsley stamp from the wild meadow plate by Elusive Images was embossed in white twice at the bottom of the tag. The butterfly image is from the patchwork butterfly plate -also Elusive Images -embossed in black and painted with Artquest jewel mica metallic paints.

4 comments:

  1. You're definitely on a roll Veronica as this one is beautiful too. I must admit I'm a bit of a sucker for green and those Eastern Grasses. The tag is absolutely stunning and I've looked at it enlarged where it looks even better. Simply lovely work.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card those grasses are beautiful . Like Lesley says it's even more beautiful when you look at the larger image. Wonderful card. X ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, just spent a lovely few minutes looking at all the stunning work on your site recently, absolutely beautiful, Veronica!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this card! It combines my two favourite subjects (butterflies and flowers) and your colouring is amazing. The beautiful subtle tones of the butterfly contrasting with the greens is superb. I could look at this every day without tiring of it. In fact I might print out a copy and put it on my workroom wall so I can!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments