Tuesday 31 August 2010

playdate 44

The challenge for Playdate 44 was to use hot pink, navy blue and mustard yellow - I was stuck for ideas until I remembered this stamp from Elusive Images.  I sprayed the back ground with glimmer mists - can't tell you which ones, as I did three versions, I just dug out all the relevant colours and got messy! far as I can remember, this one used 2 each yellows and pinks, a red  and a blue - I added the red as none of the pinks was really a 'hot' one. The image was stamped in black versafine, clear embossed, and the lettering coloured with a marker pen as the paper was a bit too pale at that end.  A very bright pink paper that came in a mixed pack made the bakground, stamped with an Artemio stamp in faded jeans DI - the flower is prima, and the base card is navy blue.
Hopefully the next challenge will have nicer colours!

6 comments:

  1. So pretty! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely background. Great mix of the glimmer mists. Love the ripped edges of the background paper. Glad you joined us this week at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice take on this week's challenge over at The Play Date Cafe...so glad to have you play along with us once again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe the next color combo WILL be nicer, but hun, this one didn't slow you down at all! This is exquisite! {And as I type, another LARGE black, with a hint of white, CAT is starring at me, infatuated with my typing - I LOVE YOUR BLOG HEADER!} Anyway, your work is LOVELY! I'm delighted you've shared this with the PDCC this week! Yipeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful use of the glimmer mist to create your background. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great stamp to use with these colours - it makes me think of stunning sunsets! Thanks for playing at the play date cafe :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments