Monday 18 October 2010

halloween 2

When looking for more beads in my local Range store, I found some readymade diamond-top cards in black -just right for more halloween cards - and no, I couldn't find the beads! I used the same stamp from Elusive Images as last time, but this time stamped on to a freebie paper from Glenda Waterworth last year. I copied an idea of Glenda's by adding a coat of gesso to the prrinted paper to get a misty effect, then stamping onto this with versamark and embossing with black sparkly Wow EP. I coloured one bat in in black on the background, as it was orange originally, then sponged round the edges with black soot DI.  The image was mounted onto a dark grey mirri paper, then onto black  card bfore mounting across the diamond top. The same paper was printed out on draft to get a simialr misty effect, stuck onto the base of the card, then the word was stamped along the bottom, using two different SeeD alphabet sets that have been lying around for ages, and consequently losing letters....................the edges were again inked with the black soot DI.
I am entering this for 2 challenges, from Moving Along With the Times  68 (halloween) and Corrosive Challenges 86 (no white).

8 comments:

  1. Great Halloween card, love the image, looks fab!
    Thank you for joining us at MAWTT this week!
    Good Luck!
    Hugs shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card! thanks for playing along at the corrosive challenge blog!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh i love that image so spooky
    Thanks for joining us at mAWTT this week
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card, really Halloween inspired. I am glad you could enter our challenge at MAWTT this week.
    Luv Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great Veronica. Love what you've done to that paper. I clicked on the picture to see the details better and it's so effective. Love it!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah this is so spooky, thanks for joining in with us on MAWTT this week Hazelxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. One of the best I have seen!

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! I always have trouble with Halloween cards. Thanks for taking the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments