Tuesday 30 November 2010

brown, grey and silver

 The Playdate cafe challenge this week has been for cards in brown, grey and silver - not having done any challenges for some time, I was determined to do one, and the early snow here has helped as traffic was backed up past here most of yesterday due to accidents on the main road, so going out meant walking, which I am not a great fan of in snow!
This card is actually the second effort, and uses a stamp from  the Elusive Images 'New England winter' plate, which I had had for a few weeks and not got around to using.............Just stamped using vintage photo distress ink, ink brushed out with a waterbrush; image cut out and mounted onto a bit of cuttlebugged and glimmered card (it is much greyer really, the scan is very much bluer than in real life) torn and edged with silver EP - the silver EP was also dotted onto the tree by the house. The bp is from my Graphicus Guild pack, and the white card remaining was coloured with DIs in old paper and black soot  .     The second card was the first attempt, stamp was borrowed from a friend, and I think was from Personal Impressions - anyhow, stamped in vintage photo, clear embossed, torn out, mounted on a piece of torn brown paper, then glued at an angle across a grey gatefold card. The inner fold of the uneven gatefold was covered with a piece of the cuttelbugged card, and a silver strip of punched snowflakes (Martha Stewart) added to the larger side.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the vintage feel to both of them! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful and vintage cards! LOVE that image of the Santa! Great job--Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun over at the PDCC!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your New England house is the nicest one I have seen! Beautiful backing paper too. I like the vintage look to the second card as well.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great vintagey images on both your cards. Thanks so much for playing along in the play date cafe this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great Veronica. I love that vintage Santa image (don't have it myself) as he's how I think of Santa in my head.

    The New England house card is my favourite though as I really love the what you've done with the house image.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    PS I'm sick of this darned white stuff. Hope things are moving in your neck of the woods today. Think we'll be a day or two yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the vintage feel of your cards, they are lovely. Sorry, I'm a bit late in getting around to comment on everyone's blogs, but thanks for playing along with us last week at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments