Monday, 18 October 2010

halloween 2

When looking for more beads in my local Range store, I found some readymade diamond-top cards in black -just right for more halloween cards - and no, I couldn't find the beads! I used the same stamp from Elusive Images as last time, but this time stamped on to a freebie paper from Glenda Waterworth last year. I copied an idea of Glenda's by adding a coat of gesso to the prrinted paper to get a misty effect, then stamping onto this with versamark and embossing with black sparkly Wow EP. I coloured one bat in in black on the background, as it was orange originally, then sponged round the edges with black soot DI.  The image was mounted onto a dark grey mirri paper, then onto black  card bfore mounting across the diamond top. The same paper was printed out on draft to get a simialr misty effect, stuck onto the base of the card, then the word was stamped along the bottom, using two different SeeD alphabet sets that have been lying around for ages, and consequently losing letters....................the edges were again inked with the black soot DI.
I am entering this for 2 challenges, from Moving Along With the Times  68 (halloween) and Corrosive Challenges 86 (no white).

Thursday, 7 October 2010


I was lucky enough to win the twilight zone set of stamps on the recent Elusive Images design team bloghop, and had great fun getting very inky at the weekend! I used distress inks in old paper, milled lavender, dusty concord, faded jeans and black soot all applied with sponges, and a post-it provided the mask for the moon.  The black cat was embossed with a sparkle black EP. The base card was stamped round the edges with the tree bit of the main stamp, using versamark dazzle - I picked this pad up in a sale bin, and I can't see that it does anything different to an ordinary versamark pad ! - then the large bat was stamped randomly in the trees as well.