Friday 13 May 2011

'green' blue card

not amused by having to redo this post thanks (?) to Blogger having a major hissy fit, especially after having to have several goes to load it the first time . due to another hissy fit.................at least, thanks to Blogger, the deadline has been extended for bah humbug 18, so I can actually redo it.
The challenge was to use green or a recycled element - I am totally out of green card, so it had to be recycled, and the image came from a card I received last year which had fortunately escaped the recycling bin! I dotted cutout snowflakes onto a blue base card, and sprayed it with sapphire glimmermist - it doesn't show up too well on the scan, so will try to get a photo this weekend if the weather stays camera-friendly . I trimmed the image down, rounded the corners, and matted it onto gold card, also with rounded corners, then onto the base card. very simple - had to be, I ran out of time this week!
photo now added, snowflakes show up better here - sorry for gravel background!

10 comments:

  1. This is a lovely image and a really nice card. I had problems with Mr Bloggr this morning - told me I didn't have a blog and wouldn't let me leave any comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a serene and very calming christmas card. love it! thanks for joining us @ bah! humbug! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think Mr Blogger drove us all nuts this morning. Good job things are back to normal now. Fab card Veronica I would have hated to have missed it.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely image. Thanks very much for letting me know the deadline had been extended x Lavinia

    ReplyDelete
  5. This image was worth saving to recycle - lovely card. I did comment before (or tried to) but catching up now Mr Blogger has (hopefully) got over his hissy fits. Missed blogging yesterday (sad or what??).

    ReplyDelete
  6. yep thought so has eaten the comment too!! i really love the serence image and a very calming xmas card. thanks for joining us @ bah! humbug!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Veronica,
    Yes ... Mr. B has been a naughty little 'B' and caused chaos throughout blogland. However, we're a resilient lot us crafters lol! Super image ... and although it's hard to see the snowflakes I'm sure they're lovely in real life. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, Mr Blogger has been driving me nuts all week because I haven't been able to comment and I'm just too thronged with the wedding next week to go back and comment on multiple posts like I usually do. I hate missing posts too.


    I'm glad you managed to post this in the end Veronica. It such a simple but beautiful image and you have turned it into a lovely card.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I`ve left you something on my blog http://kitchentablecraft.blogspot.com/ x Lavinia

    ReplyDelete
  10. waw,, This card is beautiful and lovely,,

    Uhooi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments