Wednesday 4 May 2011

new stamps

Chocolate Baroque have some new stamps, which I couldn't resist, and this is from the wedding belle set. I used the bride for the LIM challenge this week, and had a play with some of the other stamps to make this. The background is coloured with distress ink in wild honey after randomly stamping the words and the lily in versamark and letting it dry - this way, the image isn't as obvious as when the versamark is clear embossed before inking. The folded effect was accidental - I dropped the versamark pad, so dropped it again a few times in the hope that it work create a creased pattern, and it did! After the first layer of ink had dried, I randomly stamped again still using the wild honey pad. I cut 2  nestie shapes out in white card and a middle one in gold. The larger white one was stamped with one of the flower stamps around the edges (thanks Glenda for the idea)  in green (shabby shutters?), then sponged with wild honey. The same flower spray was stamped twice on the smaller nestie, then when it was dry the words were stamped and embossed in gold.
I think this would make a nice anniversary card as well as a different wedding card

3 comments:

  1. I wasn't sure if I needed these stamps or not but maybe I do!! I like what you have done with the background and the 'simple' sentiment on the nesties - very effective. Congrats on the blog award.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is unusual colours for a wedding card, (Not so much for an anniversary though), but I really like the simplicity of it and the thought that went into the design. I'm now thinking about the stamps! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Veronica and great use of the stamps. I love the accidental fold effect. It's great!

    This is a beautiful set of stamps I think and I love the lovely corners (in 3 sizes) that match the flower sprays you've used here. They are useful for so many things.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments