Tuesday 9 August 2011

white on white

White on white was this weeks' challenge 32 from Bah humbug - the second unstated challenge was to get a picture of the card. The best photo I could get was a delicate shade of blue, so in desperation I scanned it - I did have to put a sheet of snowflake paper from the Artylicious Seasons Greetings cd behind it to get it to show up at all, but it was a far better image!
I used one if my favourite angel stamps from Stampendous, stamped in Versamark onto vellum and embossed in detail white EP. I ripped this out, then mounted it using pinflair glue gel behind the embossing onto a similarly ripped piece of white card that had been embossed round the torn edges with a  white puff twinkle EP from Wow that was a regretted  impulse buy last year - must admit it came out ok this time though! Background pearlescent panel was run through a provocraft snowflake embossing folder a couple ot times, then mounted onto a pearlescent white base card.
Also on a Christmas theme was this little gift box made at a Stampin  Up evening last night - you can't really tell from the pic but there is a little drawer that will take chocs,(or mini soaps if you are malicious!)  and the lid opens like a card. Hard to explain, but easy to do - hopefully Lisa will put better photos on her blog at some point. It measures 3" square, and 1" deep when done, so definitely small, but on the plus side doesn't take much card...................can see me doing plainer ones with cash inside for family...........

7 comments:

  1. Hi, beautiful card and lovely image. A lovely little box, especially for putting money in at christmas. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your white card, I find them very difficult to do well. I love little boxes too, this is a great little gift idea. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh white on vellum - oh just wow - what a beautiful card. As you can tell I love it.
    Your box is cool too.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two great projects - I know what you mean about getting a decent picture of white on white though

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card and a most beautiful stamp. I agree, taking a decent picture was the second challenge. You coped wonderfully!

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. EXQUISITE!!!! That white on the vellum is breathtaking. Fabulous embossing. Gorgeous, gorgeous! Thanks for joining the Humbuggers this week. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got a good look at this beautiful card by clicking and then again to see the zoom. It is a gorgeous image Veronica. That puff,twinkle EP (which I've not seen before) works great round those torn edges.

    Love your little box. I'm a bit hooked on decorating boxes at the moment.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments