Friday 25 November 2011

White Christmas

Glenda Waterworth has a White Christmas challenge until the middle of December - check out this post for details - the possible prize is well worth winning!                                                                                      I decided to do an all-white card, which believe me I regretted when trying to photograph it, though I was quite pleased with how it turned out.The base card is a pearl 8x8", the plain white layer was embossed with a snowflake folder (no name on it, and I can't remember where it came from ). The angel image from  the angel of light plate from Chocolate Baroque was embossed with white detail EP onto a pearly vellum, torn out and matted onto another torn piece of plain white card, which had the edges swiped with versamark and embossed with vanilla ice EP - I used pinflair glue gel to attach the layers, so they are ever so slightly raised up. the flowers were cut from a pearly paper using crealies dies - 2 with flower die no 1 and one with no 11 - leaves were an x-cut embossing punch. I sprayed the flowers with a homemade glimmery spray - isopropyl alcohol mixed with Tsukineko shimmery ink in frost white - and added a dab of stardust stickles in the centre of each.
I am also entering this into the Make my Monday challenge, which is for a Christmas card with foliage, flowers or snowflakes - I've got all 3 here!

17 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card ! It's so elegant all white ! Clicking on the photo brings it in closer and you can see all the detail ! Good luck in the draw !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to click on your photo to really see this, but I am glad I could do that. It is so beautiful. Love the angel and the flower corner, and I prefer your snowflake folder to my cuttlebug one. A truly white Christmas! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this took my breath away~absolutely stunning! LOVE the white on white! Thank you for joining us at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning love the grouping of flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card, that stamp looks stunning done in white. Those flowers are gorgeous as well.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and elegant!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very pretty card - thanks for joining in this week at Make My Monday - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful and elegant. Thanks for sahring with us at MMM. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful and you did well with the photo - not easy as you say. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card and the all white effect is beautiful.
    Thanks for joining in over at Make My Monday this week and hope to see you again.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well you've certainly got the prize for the whitest entry to the White Christmas challenge so far - it's absolutely beautiful, so delicate and ethereal.

    Thanks for taking part,

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely stunning Veronica. The arrangement of flowers, leaves and snowflakes looks as though it's made from icing and the angel image on that beautiful vellum is gorgeous.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful Veronica, really pure white and that angel is one of my fav's! Good luck in the drawing, greetz, Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous Veronica. So elegant and stylish. Beautiful angel and the white flowers OI adore.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  15. How gorgeous is this!!! You really need to click and enlarge the photo to see all that wonderful detail, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful Vron. White is so difficult to photograph, but clicking on the photo shows it in its true wonderful glory. Well done.
    Hugs, Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful look to this, the "lots of texture" rule for white on white did you proud!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments