Wednesday 7 December 2011

Christmas housemouse

Way back in the summer, I used part of a gift voucher to get a set of Christmas housemouse decoupage from the wobbly shelves- I used one image, carefully stashed the rest away - they surfaced last week, so I thought I ought to use some more! As luck would have it (it has to work sometimes!) , several challenge blogs all have themes that would fit these little meece, so this is for the last Bah Humbug of the year (cute critters), CD Sunday (things with whiskers), Make my Monday (seasonal glitter) and the new Joanna Sheen challenge (Christmas).
I spent a happy afternoon at the weekend watching tv and cutting out meeces, finally deciding to use this pic of two snoozing  meece. I matted it onto some green glitter card, added a bit of glitter to the snow on the roof, mounted it onto a square card over a square of snowflake paper from the Artylicious Seasons Greetings cd (from  Chocolate Baroque, there may still be some in stock). The snowflakes were from a Sizzix die, cut from white card (wouldn't you know I didn't have any white glitter card ?) then glittered with Art institute crystal glitter - I now have a glittered carpet as well after dropping the tidy tray I was using ............and will probably soon have a glittery cat, as there is bound to be some I missed still there.
Now to start using up the others I have cut out................

18 comments:

  1. Sweet little critters and well done for covering so many challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card, don't they look snug. Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday this week.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Supoer card, those wee meeces are looking nice a snug. Thank you for joining us as CD Sunday this time
    Beryl x GDT

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't have too many of these lovely meeces. Great card.
    Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
    Carol
    xx
    Cd Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling card! :) LOVE your coloring--and your glittery snowflakes are perfect for the challenge! :) Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card, I do love the house mouse designs. My dog normally ends up with glitter somewhere on him when I have it out, dosen't do much for his street cred though.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww... this is a lovely card, a beautiful image and gorgeous snowflakes. thank you for entering the Make My Monday glitter challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful creation hun! Thanks for playing at Joanna Sheen! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card. I just love those mice.
    Jocelyn
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooooooooooooh so many House Mice this week and all so cute. This is gorgeous.
    Thank you so much for joining our last challenge of the year at Bah! Humbug! and for being such a loyal participent throughout the year.
    Have a great Christmas
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely card - thanks for joining us this week at Make My Monday - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute card. Love the mice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love House meeces, great card, thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday x

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute, those house meeces look warm and comfortable as they await the arrival of Father Christmas.
    Super card, thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    Hugs
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great card, just love those little mice. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  16. A great card, thy are looking very cosy. Thanks for joining the CD Sunday Challenge.

    Wendy -x-

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really lovely card. Thanks for joining in over at Make My Monday and hope to see you again.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments