Thursday 23 February 2012

Victorian romance

Challenge 37 from Make my Monday is Victorian romance - quite a change to do cards that are different from my usual! Victorian to me is sepia tones, so that sorted out the colours, and the image was a download from Craft Stamper. I used a Glimmer Screen mask for the background - the first effort, I used glimmer spray, but that was too dark, so the second try had old paper DI sponged through the mask, which was much better. I cut the image out with an Xcut die and glued it into the centre of the frame shape in the middle of the mask. The lace was picked up from a local market stall and dyed with coffee (started out rather a stark white), and the flowers made from vanilla seam binding - several of my friends are probably glad to be sitting down at this point, as I don't usually use such stuff as ribbons and lace!
I came across a tutorial showing how to make ribbon flowers, and adapted it to use ruffled seam binding - took me ages blog hopping to find it again, but you need to look on Sarah-Jane's blog.
Leaves are punched from a scrap of leftover brown gold-embossed card, sentiment part of a stamp from the artistic affirmations set from Chocolate Baroque, inked with brown marker, punched out with a Stampin up punch and inked round the edges with tea dye DI

9 comments:

  1. A very beautiful card with a lovely romantic feel - thanks for joining us this week at MMM - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very atmospheric , "dreamy" card beautiful. thank you for joining us at Make My Monday
    suzi b xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours & the lovely addition of browns to accentuate. She looks like a Pre-Raphaelite to me so very apt for the Victorian theme.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and is just right for the challenge. Still struggling with mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That image is amazing--and that lace is a perfect touch! This is gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this card,the lovely vintage image and sepia shades. the ribbon flowers are lovely. jean x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really lovely card and such beautiful sepia tones.
    Thanks so much for joining in over at MMM this week.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So romantic - I think you have captured the theme perfectly. Thanks so much for joining in over at MMM this week and for your continued support.
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the flowers :)
    Ive shared an award with you over on my blog hope thats okay :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments