Friday 1 February 2013

one for the boys

this weeks challenge on Make my Monday is 'one for the boys' - I had originally intended to use ships, then finished off this card started at craft club instead.........
Base card is a 6x6  pearlescent dark brown, matting layer a dull silver.
Stamp from the SU feeling sentimental SAB set, stamped on white card with black versafine ink - edges torn and inked with brown versafine, then sprayed with SU vanilla shimmer smoosh spray. The backing was using an idea of Moira's - having bought a lot of bargain tissue paper, then you have to use it! -a 5x5 square of card was sprayed with adhesive, then covered with crumpled tissue paper - black in this case - swiped with a versamark pad then embossed  with lava black EP, with another spray of smoosh spray.
No sentiment yet - I much prefer adding that when I know who will be getting the card.............

5 comments:

  1. Hi Vronnie, this is a great man card, I love how the image panel pops out from the dark background. Your crumpled tissue paper backing looks fab as well, another great technique I fancy having a go at.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The silver matting with the black & brown is quite striking & I love the brown edging of the image against all the black texture of your background. I'd imagine that this is quite a sight in real life.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely technique with the tissue paper making a great male card. I have my eye on this set of stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever art work, making a super design. Thanks for sharing with us at MMM. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that main image Veronica and it looks so effective against the dark background. Love the crumpled tissue background too. Not seen that particular technique before and must give it a go.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments