Tuesday, 29 January 2013

tripletime stamping 2

Had another play with this technique - this time I used the red and gold colour scheme for Chocolate Baroque Christmas card group, and bauble stamps from the CB Harlequin Christmas set of stamps.
The smaller baubles were stamped with versamark and gold embossed, the larger one with versamark, heat'n'bond powder and gilding flakes to give an impression of more dimension - the branch in black versafine ink is the top part of the large tree from the SU Lovely as a tree set of stamps.
I have other stamps i want to have a play with using this technique, so there may be a lot of entries this week for 52cct from me - in keeping with the weather, after the drought the deluge!

Saturday, 26 January 2013

tripletime stamping

I've seen this technique before, first  on Technique Tuesday and several blogs since then, but never actually tried it until today - it is this week's challenge on 52cct which provided the spur I needed.
It didn't help matters that I used the SU watercolour winter set of stamps - it's a lovely set, but I've never been too successful with the two-stamp technique, and I wasn't today - this is the best version, and even that had some remedial work with a matching marker!
I cut white  card out to 4.5,4 ad 3.5 inches square, temporarily glued them together with tombow glue, then stamped. Foliage used pear pizazz, old olive and crumb cake inks, flowers primrose petals (apparently some American primroses are pink) and raspberry ripple.
I also added some summer starfruit marker and glitter glue to the centres of the flowers, though it doesn't show up well. Once everything was dry, separate the white layers, and mount onto red card 4.75,4.25 and 3.75 inches square ( I used cherry cobbler) and then onto a square card base from gumball green card. I'm still thinking about whether to add a sentiment.........................


Hopefully i am in time to enter this for Make my Monday CAS challenge - had several ideas using the sketch provided, but not many would actually pass as CAS!
This uses stamps from Clarity Stamps haberdashery set -thanks Janet!- simply stamped with verasafine black coloured with promarkers and cut out. I did intend using a flower for the final element, but they all looked too overpowering, so ended up cutting out the scissors instead.

I'm also entering this for addicted to stamps CAS challenge 5 - a challenge blog that i have recently discovered

Friday, 18 January 2013

colour challenge

 It has been a long time since I was able to make a challenge card , so the snow does have some benefits - and I like to think that the heat gun increases the temperature a little bit!
Colour challenge 13 on 52cct is to use purple, metallic silver and white - I had been playing with micro beads, and come to the conclusion that they needed a frame, so this fitted in quite well - and I even found some purple card................
The snowflake was the first effort, from the SU snowflake soiree set, stamped on acetate with white craft ink, then the micro beads added to the back using double-sided adhesive sheet after diecutting the shape suing Sizzix/SU framelits (I discovered that you can cut with scissors after using the beads, but wouldn't like to risk the dies). I cut a frame out using 2 dies from silver mirri card and glued them together before mounting onto the 5.5" square card base.
The second effort was more succesful, stamping the bauble stamp from the ornament keepsakes set (more SU) in versamark and embossing with white EP before using the micro beads on the back. I used a different framelits set for this one.
am also using this for craftyhazelnuts challenge - anything goes - another that i haven't entered for ages

Wednesday, 16 January 2013


 This year's challenge by Margaret on Chocolate Baroque is for two quintiles a month - she invented the quintiles name for a piece of artwork measuring 5"x5", which is quite a nice size to work on.
The January theme was winter wonderland - I had time to do mine today as Norfolk is very much a snowscape at the moment, and I haven't cleared the car yet from under the mound of said snow - it was so cold that the cold came right through the soles of my furlined crocs this morning, so I soon gave up on the snow clearing!
I chose to do two different tiles, morning and evening. Both use a tree stamp from the Elusive Images arboretum set (stamped in black versafine ink and clear embossed), with lots of sponged distress ink backgrounds, and plenty of glitter in the foreground.B

Friday, 11 January 2013


After making tile coasters at a SU day, I managed to acquire some of the leftover tiles, and made a set for myself using the sun image from an old Elusive Images set of stamps from lino carvings by Carrie Dennison called Earth Spirit.
I never got around to using this image before, but thought it was perfect for coasters, as well as being a nice bright image. I stamped it in black versafine ink onto  copy paper, then coloured it using promarkers.  I cut it out close to the image edge, then glued it down onto the tile with studio multi medium - I only had the matte version, gloss may have looked better though. One coat of medium on the tile itself, add the paper, then another  coat to glue it down properly, with another coat when the first was dry. I added a square of felt underneath once everything was dry to protect the table from the rougher undersurface of the tile.
Apologies for not posting for so long, and I wish everyone a very happy, healthy and prosperous belated New Year!