Thursday, 24 October 2013


 I had another play with the new halloween stamps from Chocolate Baroque and a pile of distress inkpads, and these are the results.
All the images were stamped with black versafine ink, and the distress inks used were rusty hinge, aged mahogany, spiced marmalade, dusty concord, chipped sapphire and black soot.
Square card is 6x6, with matting layers of black and dull gold, and the spooky drawn in sakura sparkle pen   using the negative from a sizzix die as a pattern. The next  one is A6,mounted onto dull black distressed round the edges and then onto a kraft base card.
 The mini ones are 4x4, stamped  and inked directly onto the white base card.
 I did add a bit of colour to the gravestones with promarkers

am linking these to the Make my Monday challenge, which is halloween this week (obviously)

Sunday, 6 October 2013


 Thanks to winning a set of the new Chocolate Baroque halloween stamps  - many thanks Glenda - I have managed to make my October quintiles early (I know, wonders do still happen occasionally!). The set I won is called 'nevermore', and I loved the spooky candlestick. I also wanted to use the raven on the gravestones, so I excavated a crate of stamps and found a rather gothic-y window in a set of Christmas stamps (stained glass Christmas). I didn't want the candle design in the window, so for the first tile I inked up the edges of the stamp with a grey marker and stamped onto pale grey card, then drew in the stones around the window. I masked off the wall, then stamped the raven in the window using memento black ink. I coloured in the branches, gravestones and fence  with promarkers, and then sponged distress inks round the moon mask to create the sky.
The candlestick stamped with black memento ink and clear embossed, then the background was brushed with a mix of black, concord and sage inks. I coloured the candles with gel pen, drew a huge web with a grey promarker, dotted it with stickles, and added gilding flakes to the flames - the flames blowing in the wind haven't quite worked.
The second tile I stamped the window in smoky grey ink onto darker grey card and cut the window frame out. The raven was stamped in smoky grey onto white card, coloured with promarkers and distress inks, then glued behind the window. Candlestick stamped with versamark and silver embossed, candles in white gel pen again. Some dabs of bleach to show the candlelight on the wall, then the candle flames and the spiderweb were drawn in with a glue pen and gilded.