Sunday 26 January 2014

vaseline resist


I meant to add these to the last post, but blogger wouldn't let me add more photos to the first post.......
The vaseline resist was far easier than the crackle, and so far these are the samples. Very layered colours in the background, as the first efforts didn't work - not enough vaseline and too thin paint, and I was too impatient and wiped it all off before the paint had dried...............
With more layers of vaseline and thicker paint, and far less impatience, it worked fine and I stamped and embossed the words with versamark and white EP.

4 comments:

  1. Loving your tags Vronnie, I had a first go at mine at the weekend and am quite pleased although I need another go at the crackle one to see if I can get more crackles
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to experiment more! Never tried this technique. These are fabulous backgrounds and the white stamping looks wonderful against them.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea how to even go about this one - very interesting to see indeed. I think the Dream one is my favourite - something about the combination of colours with the lovely white words in that font; there's more white on that one than the other because of the font.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of using vaseline for a resist technique. I shall have to go and look it up! Lovely tags. I like the white embossing. Kate x

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments