challenge blog of their own, and the first challenge is a colour one - turquoise, green, yellow and red.
I started out with backgrounds using distress inks on a craft mat, spraying with water and mopping up with card - well, after I had got a yellow ink pad first. I used peeled paint, mustard seed, peacock feathers and fired brick - admittedly not much fired brick!
The briar rose stamp was stamped with versafine across a paler patch of card, then the flowers,leaves and butterflies bleached out - I should really have embossed the stamp first, as the outline suffered a bit from the bleach...............leaves and rose centres coloured with green promarker and a lot of blender pen, though maybe that should be the other way round as I used the blender first!
I tried a much brighter version using brusho inks in blue and green sprinkled round the edges of another piece of distress inked card - it was originally very similar to the first one. I discovered that brusho is very potent, and that if you add more water to tone down the colour it spreads very quickly.........also had a surprise when I opened the green tub and found it contained orange powder! (but it did come out green when I plucked up the nerve to try it).
The main image after again bleaching was coloured with inktense pencils, butterflies with promarkers and a touch of wink of stella to sparkle them.
By a strange coincidence, butterflies are the theme of Make my Monday this week, so I can enter these for that as well.