Thursday 31 July 2014

thistle butterfly

As soon as I saw the new stamp from Chocolate Baroque I ordered it with the last of my birthday voucher, then waited impatiently for it to arrive.....which it duly did yesterday.
My excuse for playing this afternoon was that it was too hot and sticky to do any more baking - and I wanted to try out more of my new brusho inks as well.I don't have any watercolour paper, and just spraying water on card wasn't working too well as it dried too quickly, so I went for drastic and just held a sheet of card under the cold tap for a few seconds .Adding a very small amount of back ink and blotting with scrunched up kitchen roll produced this background - admittedly it took ages to dry, but I liked the effect.
I stamped the largest image with versafine and clear embossed it once everything was dry, then painted it with very dilute brusho in leaf green and purple. Butterflies were stamped and embossed onto a spare bit of card coloured with scarlet and yellow brusho, then cut out and glued on with gluegel.
Base card was stamped ramdomly round the edges with the large thistle head stamp using milled lavender and dusty concord distress inks, and more dusty concord sponged round the edges. mat is a dark purple card.
Another one for Make my Monday!

5 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Veronica, love your backgrounds. Your image is lovely especially those beautifully coloured butterflies. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  2. The butterflies really pop out from the background. Really lovely. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Marina DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card, and some more ideas for when my Brushos arrive! I love the new stamps, but I have just bought the previous two so these will have to wait. They are released thick and fast and I can't keep up, but i shall have to buy the honeysuckle one eventually. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone seems to be using Brusho at the moment and this background is good - the butterflies really pop. I'm trying hard to resist buying any more stamps - probably a losing battle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful card. Your butterflies really stand out. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments