Sunday 5 October 2014

angel and madonna - Diva 2

 As promised, the final part of the Div Red day yesterday - the weather co-operated inasmuch as the sun came out, but I did not appreciate scraping the ice off the car this morning! It also took 3 different cameras to try to get a decent image...........and a great deal of muttering.................
I tend to make simple cards, and Moira loves the complicated ones, so it is a nice change to have to make them occasionally - and I have to admit I do enjoy doing them. As Moira showed us her sample card, I had a brainwave and decided to use my new Chocolate Baroque stamps instead of the diecuts Moira was using - the angel just fitted nicely, although the madonna was more awkward.
The word and the stars are all from the same set of stamps - I stamped and gold embossed these first onto the scored card, then stamped the angel and madonna onto a spare piece of matching card and cut them out. I glued the angel partly overlapping the fold at the front - and I did check before I added the glue! The madonna I had to trim right down to fit the size of the central panel, and mounted it onto gold mirri card.
I decided to make another one, this time using the full sheet of A4 card, so the card was taller - the other dimensions were the same - partial scores at 5 and 25cm, and full scores down at 10 and 20 cms along the long side of the sheet- the original bar at top and bottom was 3cms,  and I did increase this a little for the second card. You can see the difference in the height of the card by the space above the angel, who this time was embossed in silver. I also did a second angel for the back panel. I left the stars off as I thought they would be a bit too much with the two angels.
The madonna stamp still had to be cut down, but not by as much.

Here they are both together, so you can see the difference in height.

3 comments:

  1. I love this card, the angel stamp is beautiful. An interesting fold as well.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those cards look like hard work but you've completed them beautifully. Lovely stamp and it has worked well for this style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More lovely cards. That stamp is still sitting on my which list. I'd better do something about it if I am going to use it for this year's cards! I tend to keep Christmas cards more simple because I make so many, but I think this one is rally worth the effort. The images have embossed beautifully too. Kate x

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments