Another sample from the latest Chocolate Baroque TV show, this actually was shown, a candle in a gift box, using the rose image from steampunk butterfly
I made the candle first, and was so pleased that it ended up still looking like a candle - thanks to helpful tip from Anne Waller to use a baking parchment wrap when heating the design onto the candle.
The steampunk rose was stamped onto white tissue paper, coloured with marker pens and fussy cut out before heating gently to fix it to the candle. I did this twice.
Having got a decent candle, I then decorated a kraft box to go with it. The sides of the box were covered with gesso, crackle mediem and acrylic paint, and quite a decent crackle finish appeared. I tried to get a crackle finish on the corners of the box lid but failed, not sure why - I suspect a combination of not enough medium and too much green paint!
The steampunk rose image was inked with memento black ink and pressed into a splodge of paper clay. Once it was dry, coloured with promarkers and fussy cut out again then glued onto the lid It made quite a dimensional image, but too thin a layer of the paper clay was too difficult to cut out.