Wednesday 28 January 2015

just playing

 I started to do some long-awaited clearing up after the family had all gone, and of course found lots of interesting bits - end of clearing up!
I found a heap of brusho backgrounds that had been partly used, and couldn't bear to junk them. So I tried out the bokeh technique I saw on Rae Dalal's blog  on a couple of pieces, using  white pigment ink from Stampin Up - the ink didn't stay as white as I would have liked, but did give an interesting effect, probably helped by the brusho coming off on the foam pad I was using!








The stamp is from Hobby Art, bought before Christmas and not used until now, stamped onto more bits of brushoed card - I did colour the leaves and stems in with promarker, left the flowers as they were. Cut out with Sizzix dies from Stampin Up , then just matted and layered onto 6x6 white card blanks.

Very similar card here, no matts this time, image cut out using a Spellbinder die, edged using tarnished brass distress stain as my ancient krylon pen had dried up.
I did add some more colour to the flower using a marker pen and a clear Wink of Stella pen, and coloured the leaves and stem the same way.

These actually fit some challenges this week, so am linking them to
Pixie snippets
make my Monday - bright & cheerful
Hobby art - bright & happy

8 comments:

  1. I like this technique Vronnie. I shall have a go later. I´ll have to use acryllic paint as I don´t have anything else white, but that´s what Rae used on her blog. pretty cards you´ve made with it. I haven´t many brusho papers left but I have loads from when I played with my gelli plate. maybe I could put some of them to good use. Thanks for sharing the inspiration. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pieces Vronnie, it's good sometimes to just "play"

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well played! I love the colours of the first one x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday, Joan dt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pleased I'm not the only one easily distracted from tidying up and sorting out!! These are really pretty and the bits certainly deserved being used - NEVER throw anything away. Interesting technique - must investigate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous results from a great technique. Gosh I love how your brusho results are so soft and gently - mine tend to be in your face like neon lights!!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really beautiful creations and great use of Brushos too. Thanks for sharing it with us at MMM last week.
    Fliss DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so lovely Vronnie! All three backgrounds are beautiful and perfect for showcasing the pretty images. I found my first Brusho attempts last night so thanks for ideas on how to use them.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments