Tuesday 26 May 2015

birds n brusho


 finally got around to finishing off the threatened extra birds using the Hobby Art stamps that I started at Gissing - seems ages ago now!
This is the companion stamp to the one we originally used, and I have to admit that I much prefer this version.
The birds were stamped first with black versafine, and then I started playing with the brushos. The texture in some places is due to the amount of water I was using on ordinary smooth card - did sometimes make it more difficult colouring in. Next time I must remember to colour first, then add the brusho!
 On all of the cards I used the same stamp randomly to create the background - just stamped in slate grey for the swing card, leaves coloured using a blender pen and more ink sponged round the edges.

The other two cards, stamped with versamark , clear embossed, then sponged with distress ink in broken chine and peeled paint.

2 comments:

  1. These are great, really fresh look to them. I might NEED those bird stamps!!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments