Wednesday 6 May 2015

Diva Red at gissing

 had a great day at Gissing last Saturday with Moira and Janet, mostly playing with Moira's new Hobby Art stamps.
The first one was based on one of Jenny's samples for the recent show on C&C, which I missed. The reed image was stamped in chocolate ink onto a piece of cream card, coloured with pencils, and I sponged the same ink  round the edges rather than matt it onto more card. I stamped and masked the bird onto the circular piece of white card, then stamped the reed stamp again - also sponged round the edges with the chocolate ink as well as a little blue behind the bird. The circle was then lined up over the first image and glued down with pinflair  glue gel to give a slightly raised image.
I couldn't find a backing paper I liked from the pile available, so made my own - the feathery grass stamp was stamped with versamark onto the card blank, then green and brown inks sponged over for a shadowy effect, then the same stamp in chocolate ink in the front.
I also tried playing with the teasel stamp, similar technique but a square centre - the bird and the teasel it is sitting on also got a coat of glitter glue to make it stand out a bit more, as it looked very dark and dreary.
Moira also had the birds on a wire a stamp, I wasn't too keen on these, but they do grow on you!
 Here we used fusible fibres for the birds - remember those from years back? I liked the idea, but wasn't too keen on how mine turned out colour-wise - maybe I need to borrow the stamp and have another go! (am sure I have some of this stuff lying around somewhere)

The last card was Janet's, using Clarity stamps and the Paper Artsy fresco finish paints. Being Janet, she has the complete set, so plenty of colour options!
We used the paints to create the background, splodging them onto the wrong side of a  piece of cut'n'dry foam and dabbing randomly onto the white card.I know I used a lot of the colours, and I think they were smurf, guacamole, hey pesto, autumn fire and a yellow - we then covered most of the card with snowflake, which really toned the colours down and made a fantastic difference. The small grasses were stamped with brilliance ink, which didn't work too well as it came out grey rather than black - I decided I rather liked this in the end as it looked more distant than a black would have.
I added a bit of pansy paint to the remaining piece of coloured card, stamped the butterflies in black archival, added the lovely metallic glaze paint, then cut out the butterflies and used glue gel after shaping them.

1 comment:

  1. The thumbnail for your first card really jumped out at me from my list, so I shouldn´t have been surprised to find it was one of yours. It is the one I like best too, though they are all lovely. I have masses of fantasy film and fibres, but it is ages since they came out to play. I do love the effect though. I actually love the little birds on a wire with the bright poppies under them. You certainly had a good session with your friends. Kate x

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments