Sunday 25 October 2015

Hobby Art again

 Yesterday I spent at Moira's last Hobby Art workshop for this year, and these are the results.
Ozzy owl gatefold card has a band to hold it closed, but I left mine plain - still thinking of adding something to the currently plain front panels, too.








I changed the stamps for this one, as I needed a sympathy card, but kept the gatefold layout. I used leaf stamps inked with orange and green inks for the front panels and inner background - I pulled the colour out with a damp brush on the front panels, and stamped the same leaf on spare card with black ink and coloured using the same inks I stamped with, cut out and added to the sentiment panel.
The inside panel used poppy head and poppy stamps, coloured with promarkers. The poppy stamp was masked several times to create the foreground, and the seed heads were stamped while the masks were in place.


 Moira's sample pop-up card used the mice stamps, but as I had an unused set of nativity stamps from last month I used those instead.
In hindsight, I should have cut a smaller step, as the nativity scene take sup less room than a mouse choir.

 Last two cards used a penguin stamp, with my version of icicles - stream stamp on it's side!- and a flourish for the background.
I used the remnants of the backing mat of the first card to stamp the penguins again for a second card -  should have used a brighter colour for the letters though, as they don't stand out even with sparkle added.On the other hand, the white marker pen did actually work fairly well, as did the blue stickles glitter added on the base with screwed up baby wipe.

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant cards again Veronica. I'm already planning for January, having got over the shock of being told I was supposed to be doing on in November!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant cards again Veronica. I'm already planning for January, having got over the shock of being told I was supposed to be doing on in November!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do make some wonderful cards at your workshops. I really like the Hobby Art stamps too. (I bought the nativity set but they haven't sen an ink pad yet!) I love the little owl in the first card, and the poppies always do it for me. A lovely day's work. Kate x

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments