Tuesday 28 June 2016

baroque ornaments and PVA

I remembered seeing a card on FB by Doreen Sympson last year that used a technique with PVA on stamps - I did try it, but wasn't too happy with the result at the time.
I decided to try again, but this time I used very cheap PVA instead of the decent stuff, and was much happier with the results. The first efforts with decent glue were too thick, the cheap stuff gave a much thinner result - drawback is that the glue itself is much runnier.
Basically, lay the stamp face upwards, and cover with PVA glue - you need enough to cover the image, but not enough to give a thick coat. It's a fine line between enough to hold together when you peel it off but not enough to spill over the edges of the stamp (if it does spill over, it is ok, just awkward getting it off everything, as you can almost guarantee that it will spread under the stamp)

I sprinkled brusho powders over the glue as well, and left them to spread.

Once the glue is dry - it will take several hours, I left mine overnight - carefully peel off from the stamp and trim if necessary. Two of my pieces were trimmed down considerably because the edges weren't thick enough to hold together when I peeled the set glue off the stamp -still, they made nice flowers!
 I added some silver rub-on wax to highlight the design, stamped the leaves and sentiment from the bold blooms set and added my PVA pieces. the smaller flowers use the palm fan baroque ornament, the larger is the teardrop baroque ornament.


A spare piece using the teardrop ornament went onto the cover of a small notebook, with a piece of leftover brusho card as background

7 comments:

  1. Clever idea, beautiful result, those flowers are gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, never seen this technique before Vronnie but the results are gorgeous!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful results Vronnie. Love the idea of this technique. Not seen it before using PVA. TFS.
    Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Not seen glue used this way, have got to try it now. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Veronica never heard of glue used that way before. the results are beautiful. xxxChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't take the credit for this idea as the idea came from Lynnda Worsnop and I just tried it out as at the time I had time on my hands and was able to do so. Great idea to use the brushos and they really are very effective xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't take the credit for this idea as the idea came from Lynnda Worsnop and I just tried it out as at the time I had time on my hands and was able to do so. Great idea to use the brushos and they really are very effective xx

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments