Sunday 31 July 2016

punky birds

 I borrowed the Chooclate Baroque  steampunk birds recently from a friend - think I may have to buy this one for myself! - because I liked one of the stamps (the cockerel).

Needless to say, I started playing with some of the others in the set........ and these are the results.

The first two used the springy birds and the lettering - as the birds were springy, I reckoned the letters should be wobbly too. For the first one I stamped them at random in all directions, added wobbly lines round the edges and some smudges of black soot distress ink.
Images were all stamped with black versafine ink, and the birds coloured with watercolour pencils. Base cards are A6.
My favourite stamp from the set was simply stamped with black versafine at the bottom of an A6 card blank - the sentiment doesn't belong with this set, but was in the bag, and it fitted!
Image again coloured with watercolour pencils. This one took a little longer than the springy birds, but still a quick card.

This set is not currently on the CB website, but is listed on the Craft Channel site

2 comments:

  1. Love the springy birds but I'd say the cockerel would be my favourite too he is magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, now I know why I haven't seen them! a) I don't really do craft TV and b)although I have tried to watch Lesley's shows I can only do so online & I lose patience having to keep rebooting so I'll just have to wait till they are released on the CB website because I'm loving your cards Veronica. Love your colouring of the cockerel!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments