Tuesday 2 August 2016

hummingbirds?

 Sunday was another ClarityEast day at Bawburgh with Janet Pring, and these were the results.
I think the stamp set we used was hummingbirds - am sure Janet will correct me if I'm wrong!- at least, they look like hummingbirds to me....
Birds stamped onto a strip of white card with black archival ink, background sponged with distress inks in tumbled glass, peeled paint and salty ocean, then the foliage stamp around the edges in salty ocean.
The circles behind the birds were cut out - it went very quiet while we all concentrated! Double-sided adhesive behind the cutouts, then gilding flakes added - long time since I used these.
Narrow mat of bluegreen added, then mounted onto a white DL card blank.




Being me, I had stamped another couple of images onto spare card while i waited for the gilding flakes, and these are the ones I finshed off at home yesterday.
 The first is another DL size card, but with greater use of the foliage stamp along two edges, distress inks tumbled glass, broken china and peeled paint. Coppery gilding flakes on this one.

The second one I repeat stamped the foliage in hickory smoke and black soot distress inks, and sponged hickory smoke ropund the edges.
A final stamping in black archival of the foliage to give more depth to the background. I used silvery gilding flakes behind the birds this time.
Narrow black mat onto an A5 card blank - I really liked the monochrome effect.

                                                             
In the afternoon we played with bleeding art tissue to create the background - loved the random watercolour effect.
We used the foliage stmap again from the morning, and I used a butterfly stamped onto white card and coloured with marker pens - there is glitter on the wings, added with stickles.
Most other people used a parchment butterfly and a groovi board - happy to say I wasn't the only awkward one this time!

Thanks to Janet for another lovely day crafting - and the extra bits of tissue to play with




3 comments:

  1. They all lovely , better change name on mine, I put wrong name silly me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely versions of the cards, I love the black/white one - very effective. They are indeed hummingbirds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful projects Vronnie. Adore the hummingbirds. I saw them on fb earlier.
    Hope your week is going well.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments