Sunday, 21 August 2016

shaving foam

When I saw the latest challenge from The Male Room, I was having a break from attempting to restore some sort of order to my craft space, and had just unearthed some backgrounds made during a brusho/shaving foam playday earlier this year.
This one got a reprieve from the binbag, as I fancied it looked like a turbulent sea, and it went with a previously unused stamp from Crafty Individuals.........
The shaving foam had just been sprinkled with blue and green brusho powders and swirled round without adding any water, and the powders spread in streaks when the shaving foam was scraped off.
The stamp was stamped separately on white card with black versafine, clear embossed, and coloured with some ancient H2O paints, cut out and added with foam pads. I cut out the wording, added to to scraps of the same blue card I used for matting and then to the top of the brusho card/
Base card is a 15x15 cm white.
I am entering this for the Male Room challenge 42 - use shaving foam
and Addicted to Stamps and More challenge 207 - make your mark

Thursday, 11 August 2016


Our theme this month is summer, which to be honest is really what you would expect!
My first thought was to use some of my favourite poppy stamps, but they have had a lot of use, so I went for seaside - bit limited for choice there, so maybe I should have stuck with the poppies!
My first card uses stamps from seashore scenes, and I tried to create a slightly different scene.
The seagull was stamped first using black versafine ink,, then masked with masking tissue and the scene stamped over him - I didn't ink the stamp all the way to the bottom, as I wanted it to be background. The dunes at the front were stamped using the larger sand/grass stamp stamped several times to form foreground dunes.
Dunes and stump were coloured with alcohol markers, bird and everything else with watercolour pencils..
Base card is 15cm square, stamped with the sentiment several times to form a background using a pale brown inkpad. The scene was matted onto black and gold card.

My second card used the something fishy set of stamps, and the main image was stamped in black versafine, then the larger fish image added beside it.
Simply coloured with watercolour pencils, and glossy accent added to the bubbles from the shell.
Base card this time is A6

Thanks for reading this - my teamies have some smashing ideas to show you, so keep checking, you won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, 2 August 2016


 Sunday was another ClarityEast day at Bawburgh with Janet Pring, and these were the results.
I think the stamp set we used was hummingbirds - am sure Janet will correct me if I'm wrong!- at least, they look like hummingbirds to me....
Birds stamped onto a strip of white card with black archival ink, background sponged with distress inks in tumbled glass, peeled paint and salty ocean, then the foliage stamp around the edges in salty ocean.
The circles behind the birds were cut out - it went very quiet while we all concentrated! Double-sided adhesive behind the cutouts, then gilding flakes added - long time since I used these.
Narrow mat of bluegreen added, then mounted onto a white DL card blank.

Being me, I had stamped another couple of images onto spare card while i waited for the gilding flakes, and these are the ones I finshed off at home yesterday.
 The first is another DL size card, but with greater use of the foliage stamp along two edges, distress inks tumbled glass, broken china and peeled paint. Coppery gilding flakes on this one.

The second one I repeat stamped the foliage in hickory smoke and black soot distress inks, and sponged hickory smoke ropund the edges.
A final stamping in black archival of the foliage to give more depth to the background. I used silvery gilding flakes behind the birds this time.
Narrow black mat onto an A5 card blank - I really liked the monochrome effect.

In the afternoon we played with bleeding art tissue to create the background - loved the random watercolour effect.
We used the foliage stmap again from the morning, and I used a butterfly stamped onto white card and coloured with marker pens - there is glitter on the wings, added with stickles.
Most other people used a parchment butterfly and a groovi board - happy to say I wasn't the only awkward one this time!

Thanks to Janet for another lovely day crafting - and the extra bits of tissue to play with