Wednesday 1 March 2017

 These were some coasters I made for Lesley's recent tv show on Hochanda on February 16th featuring some lovely springtime stamps.

I found a set of mdf coasters that I had bought ages ago and never got round to using - it was well past time they got used! I was inspired at the time to get them by a (now very old) post on Eileen Godwin's blog of a workshop at Rochester (sorry, can't find the exact link!) , and duly gave them a coat of white gesso and then one of a very pale blue emulsion paint before stamping the daffodils and tulips using black memento ink.
There were 6 originally, and a holder, but I managed to lose one small vital piece of the holder, so had to make a box instead, and 4 coasters due to running out of time.





The flowers were coloured with promarkers before being given a coat of modge podge as a sealant. I had always thought that promarkers were water resistant, but one of the daffodils did lose a bit of colour when I added the modge podge,. so I spread it around a bit more to try to make it look as if it was meant!
Fortunately the cameras didn't home in on that one......
For the box lid I stamped the daffodils first and covered them with masking fluid, then stamped the tulips twice at angles behind them.
Coloured with markers again - I did the flowers first, then the leaves. It was a bit difficult knowing which leaves belonged to which flowers, so I tried to do the daffodils first, then just added more green to what was left!
Smudged wild honey distress ink round the flowers, then added silver krylon pen round the edges before glueing to the box lid.
Now if only I could remember where I got the coasters from................hopefully Zoe will remember, as she used coasters too (definitely a case of great minds!) maybe Zoe can remember the link to Eileen's blog too.............




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects Vronnie. Lovely stamping.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous colours, and fabulous stamping, Kate x

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments