Tuesday 26 December 2017

flower power

 I hope everyone had an enoyable Christmas, with lots of crafty goodies coming your way! It was nice to be able to sit and watch Lesley from Chocolate Baroque on tv on Saturday, even though I should have been sorting stuff out.....

 Here are the last of my samples for last month's shows using  the single flower stamps from the fuchsia, lily and hyacinth plates.
I made small 4"x4" notelets using kraft card, with white embossed images, coloured using some ancient pots of H2Os.
I made a folder to hold them, just a sheet of card folded into three. The background was stamped using vintage photo distress ink, then sponged round the edges with hickory smoke distress ink .The  fuchsia was stamped and embossed in white onto an oval die cut in brown card.








My final card used the lovely big lily stamp, stamped in black versafine and clear embossed. It was coloured with brusho powders, trying to keep most of the powders in appropriate places -not always successfully.
After spritzing with water I used a paintbrush to spread the colour into the petals. Once dry, the sentiment was stamped and the image trimmed to fit onto a 5"x7" white card blank with a red mat layer.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those flowers look stunning on Kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love these flower cards Veronica especially the Lily. Looks really pretty the way you coloured it. Love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments