Saturday 20 January 2018

gothic gypsy

The postman brought me a load of new stamps this month, and here are some of them.
The gypsy is designed by Mark Gould (available from Chocolate Baroque here) , and reminded me of the fortune tellers that were on all the seaside piers when I was a child - yes, I know it was ancient history, from before the days of video machines! - so i just had to show her with a crystal ball.
I diecut a circle mask and masked the ball on a piece of white card. The background stamps are from the gorgeous new gothic plate designed by Andy Skinner for Illusionary Artists , also available from Chocolate Baroque, stamped in slate grey ink. Peeled paint, dusty concord and hickory smoke distress inks were sponged over, then black soot round the edges.
Removing the circle mask I sponged tumbled glass, peeled paint and broken china into the circle to create my crystal ball, stamped another of the images from the gothic set using second impression slate grey ink, then sprinked water over to give random highlights.
Gypsy rose stamped on white card with black versafine ink, coloured with alcohol pens and fussy cut then glkued over the edge of the crystal ball.
Thin mats of black, bluegreen and more black added before mounting onto an 8" sqaure white card blank.
I am linking this to Craft Stamper Challenge blog - anything goes
corrosive challenge blog- anything goes
crafting from the heart - anything goes

3 comments:

  1. I love her. So gothic and mystic x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her. So gothic and mystic x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card!! Thanks for joining us!
    Ana Isabel Dt Coordinator at Corrosive Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments